bikendismom
bikendismom asks:
Q:

My 5 year old keeps getting in trouble at school for talking and disrupting the class. What can I do at home to resolve this?

Recently they have decided to test in for the gifted program. He is reading in the 2nd grade level, is there any correlation between his misbehaving and his intelligence? Is he not being challenged? Regardless he is smart enough to be quiet when he is supposed to be! Please help.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Dear Bikendismom:

Tough question.  Bright boys in second grade come in all behavior sets. It has nothing to do with intelligence. However, at home you can evaluate his ability to be quiet, not finish sentences, state of executive skills eg organization for his age level.  Check with your pediatrician to be sure his impulsiveness does not possibly represent ADD inattentive type. work with your teacher who knows his in school performance the best to see how you can resolve this.

0
0