mairacalderon
mairacalderon asks:
Q:

my 5 year old seems not to understand stuff after we just went over it ??

for example we were doing homework on Rr and i quized her on Rr and she didn't know ???
In Topics: Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

When a parent has concerns about their child's academic development it is often wise to consult with the teachers to see if similar behaviors are noted in class. If there is a consensus or continued concern,  you may wish to  ask for a referral to the school assessment team to see if there are any learning difficulties or perhaps even discuss the matter with the child's pediatrician.  

0
0

4-the-love-of-Eli
4-the-love-... writes:
I am JUST NOW, w/my 6 1/2 yr old son ,realizing ,that he has had all the signs & symptoms of Central Auditory Processing Disorder. get your child checked specifically for this through an audiologist..DO NOT WAIT!!! I wish I had figured this out sooner..HE HAD CHRONIC EAR INFECTIONS & subsequent ear tubes at approx 18 mths.  As well as adnoid surgery. I didn't want to think this was the problem..but now I am almost certain & I am bringing him for testing  VERY soon. he's gifted,but seems delayed :(  BEST OF LUCK, hope that's all it is.

0
0