ajohnson3112
ajohnson3112 asks:
Q:

My 5 year old wont listen

My daughter who is now 5 refuses to listen to anyone, teachers, me, grandparents. I am at my wits end. Headstart wants to label her as a child with learning disabilities, which is not true she is really smart. but she is in kindergarten now (jump start) right now It has only been two days and the teacher already tells me she wont listen to her she gets up and does what she wants. i displine her alot and I dont want to get on to her for everything cause i feel im taking away her child hood. But for example she is jumping on her bed. I have to tell her twice before i go in there make her lay down and tell her to stop jumping using a deep strong voice...ten mins later she is back jumping on her bed. im at my wits end how do i get her to listen, i have tried being firm, going to her level, talking in short phrases for her, time outs, taking stuff away nothing seems to work. what do i do now

|

Sounds like the behaviors that you are describing are happening at home and at school.  Fidgeting, hyperactivity, inability to sit still and pay attention, may be signs of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Schedule an appointment with your daughter's health care provider for an evaluation.  

0
0