louhoo
louhoo asks:
Q:

How do I tell my 5 yr old she is in a blended family?

OUR five yr old doesn't know she is in a blended family.
She thinks my daughter that lives at home is her sister. She thinks my husbands son her brother who lives out of state is an adult because he is tall and just turned 18 yrs old and has always looked grown up to her. We are going to the 18yr old boys high school grad. and she has been looking at pictures of prom and school events. She has now been asking questions about bubba being her friend.
In Topics: Blended families

|

ShirleyCressDudley

Being in a blended or stepfamily is nothing to be ashamed of -or that you need to conceal from your daughter. Draw out the family tree, or use your photo album to explain who everyone is - in the family, and how they relate to her. Tell her she's lucky to have so many people in her blended family to love and who love her.  Check out the wonderful photos, poems and stories from other blended families at The Blended and Step Family Resource Center.  

Kindest Regards,
Shirley

Shirley Cress Dudley, MA LPC
Just Ask Blended Family Expert
Founder of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center
1
0