linaes_mom
linaes_mom asks:
Q:

My 5 yr old is being bullied on the bus by middle school and high school boys. I've gone to the school with no results now what do i do?

|

EdieRaether

Please let me know the name of the school as I train bus drivers on how to handle these situations and even devoted an entire chapter on it in my book. Have you spoken to the bus driver?  Who have you spoken with at the school?  What was the answer?   Buses are the fifth most common place for bullying....It is an opportunity with a trapped group of targets.  
Please....give me more info.
Edie
3
0

ddiggon
ddiggon writes:
My 11 yr old daughter was being bullied on the school bus. I called the principal and demanded the bus videos be pulled and viewed. This helped with having the children held accountable for their actions. Many children don't realize they are being video taped. Sometimes just knowing this will help change behaviors.

0
0
Conna
Conna writes:
Have a talk with the bus driver.  Enlist their help.  Find out their feelings about bullying.  Hopefully they will be willing to speak to the whole bus that the older students should be the responsible ones on the bus and help the younger ones be safe of the bus.  Bullying is a safety issue.  The young boy does not feel safe and that is why he complains about the bullies.  He feels threatened.  Maybe the bus driver has authority.  Maybe you two can work something out for the benefit of your son and all the other riders on that bus.

0
0
starsandra08
starsandra08 writes:
u should go to to bus and talk to the bus driver

0
0
MaryJones2011
MaryJones2011 writes:
The school undoubtably has a problem...not only should your child not be riding with middle or high school students, being a kindergardner, he/she definitely should not be getting bullied. I would go to the school board office with recorded dates and whatever results you have not gotten from the existing school and/or bus driver (I had to write a letter to my child's bus driver before as well, he did take action though) ...I would also start to drive my 5 year old to school, (as I chose to do). They are so precious at that age, don't let anyone belittle their self esteem.

0
0
sabolcortez
sabolcortez writes:
Call your local school district/board office and speak to your superintendent and if that doesn't work reach out to your county office and speak to the executive county superintendent.  You can also call your department of education and they should have a student transportation office.  Their is zero tollerance for bullying...Good luck!

0
0
avidal
avidal writes:
This is a safety issue. There should be zero tolerance. These older boys should not be allowed to ride the bus. I would demand action be taken immediately.

0
0
linaes_mom
linaes_mom writes:
First off my child is a girl. I have talked to the school, superintendent, counsel men, and everybody I could think of. They did finally talk to the bullies but the bus driver told some kids what my daughter said! The bus driver also says she never saw or heard anything and the school is backing her. Then some of the bullies admitted what they did but the school still says the videos show nothing. That doesn't make any sense to me. Plus now my daughter has to sit all by herself and was told to "just look out the window". I feel they are punishing my daughter instead of the bullies. Plus the bus driver is a jerk and thinks this is all a game. I called the news stations and have heard nothing back. My daughter is hitting herself and calling herself stupid because of all this and I want everybody involved, including the bus driver, punished.

0
0
33893210
33893210 writes:

0
0
motimer
motimer writes:
Go on the bus and let the bus driver and the high schools boys hear you say that if " their behavior should be repeated you will call the authorities-police"

0
1
DarkNinja1299
DarkNinja1299 , Student writes:
You should ask your bus driver if he sees it. If nothing works, have your kid carpool with a friend or drive him/her to school. You should also talk to the bus association.

1
0
Nicoleelise
Nicoleelise writes:
honestly, go to the school district. each individual school does not want the district nosing around their school. keep on them, until they resolve the issue. if all else fails go take a trip to the police department.

1
0
mowhui
mowhui , Parent writes:
If I were in that situation and the school is not helping my child, I would pull my child out of the bus and the school district as well.  I would move district and consider transporting my child to and from school.  That way she would feel safer and loved.  Sometimes it's not enough that we talk to school and authorities.  We have to pull the child out of the situation while bullying is not solved.  You would have to sacrifice some time though but it's worth it.  Have you talked to the police or lawyers yet?  I would definitely get them involve.  God bless your daughter.  Pray with her so she regains her self-confidence and self-esteem.

1
0
Terascoll
Terascoll writes:
You need to go to your board of education. There are new laws in place about bullying and schools are to take any and all threats serious. And if not then they should be reprimanded for their actions! Call your school board and make a appointment and take your child with you!

1
0
monrreal
monrreal writes:
Please do not continue send your 5 years old by bus until this problem get solve, Call to the school board and a layer, and talk to your kid a lot, she or he needs to know that is not her/his fault,  she is not alone, and that you love her/him very much.God Bless you.

0
0
lizziebell511
lizziebell511 writes:
move to different school

0
0
crazypenguingirl
crazypengui... writes:
you should go find out who these people are and talk to them that it is not okay to bully little kids or anyone. if they don't stop go to there school and talk to the principal.

0
0