towsley
towsley asks:
Q:

Help! My 5 yr old does not want to go to school.

Hi, my 5 yr old started k this yr, everything was going great until we moved to a new town. She started out just fine at the new school but now for the past week she has been crying every time I drop her off. I had to take her to her class, had to have the teacher meet me at the gate, and had to have her big sister try and take her to class. That time thank god the teach poked her head out and saw my oldest trying to get her there. I don't know what to do. It breaks my heart, please help.
In Topics: School and Academics, Kindergarten readiness

|

JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
Dear Towsley
normally when there are recurring tearful incidents, they have a reason for not wanting to attend school. one reason could be that she is being bullied, or someone is taking her lunch, hitting her etc even perhaps making her do things that are not right.  i suggest you speak to the teacher, and if she is not helpful, then take her to a therapist where play therapy will help her to identify what is bothering her.  i do think that it is a matter of urgency so that she can be happy again. iwish you well.

0
0