vare
vare asks:
Q:

My 6 and half year child received extra DTAP-IPV (Kinrix), MMR and Varicella. Is he in danger?

It happened because the previous pediatrician's office did not report my child's 4-year immunization to state immunization record, and the school district required to comply with all immunization for our state. So, he is 6Y 6M 24D and he already had 6 doses of DTP (2 of them in Kinrix), 5 doses of Polio (2 of them in Kinrix), 3 doses of MMR, and 3 doses of Varicella. It seems to be a lot, even if there is 2Y 6M 24D time between the last and previous doses. I am really scared that he might get some problems from it.
In Topics: Physical Health

|

Don't worry. While this should not happen if your records and the doctor's are accurate, it can happen for many reasons.  Discuss this with your current pediatrician.  Generally, additional immunizations are not harmful. During major disasters if records are not available, people can be immunized to protect the public health. The real question relates to boosters in the future.  Again, discuss this with your pediatrician or clinic.

0
0