ReBeca
ReBeca asks:
Q:

What do I need to do for my 6 year old child?

She is so sensitive. She cries over movies, pictures of her when she was a baby, and over music. I have tried to put on soft lullabies at bed time and she just starts crying. I just do not know what to do.
In Topics: Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Hello ReBeca,

You are right to be concerned that your daughter is displaying some unusual sensitivities to events and stimuli.  First, you may wish to discuss this with her pediatrician.  Also, you may wish to ask the school guidance counselor to help her with some behavioral training in order to become less upset with things that tend to be "triggers".  In the meantime, you may wish to also give her some strategies to use such as role playing where she shows you photos or plays music in the role of MOM and you act as a child with less intense reactions.  

Also, note that some children can be more sensitive than others and this may simply be a normal personality trait for her.  Perhaps as she matures she will be able to absorb information and not be quite as sensitive.

Owner of Signing Families
http://www.SigningFamilies.com

0
0