Anonymous
Q:

My 6 year old daughter has PDD and cries a lot

My 6 year old daughter was diagnosed with PDD and she cries a lot. It is very overwhelming. Things do not seem to be getting any better. We tried having services provided to her through a local agency and they let her do whatever she wanted while she was here and actually made it worse when they left so we stopped having them come. I try taking things away if she continues the crying but it doesn't help. I've also tried talking to her. Please help?!

|

MrsSPhilen
MrsSPhilen , Parent, Teacher writes:
My daughter has PDD-NOS and struggles to understand her emotions. I am not sure if your daughter is trying to gain attention or just confused about how she feels. If she is trying to get your attention, we have a rule in our home that it is okay to be emotional IN YOUR ROOM. Go have a fit and feel free to come out when you feel better. However, for legitimate emotional issues, I find it important to talk to my daughter about what she is feeling, how being upset is normal, and then show her books or websites that can help her understand.

0
0