iloveschool
iloveschool asks:
Q:

Is a 6 year old, first grader, too soon for a computer? My daughter thinks so.

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/e-learning/
In Topics: Children and the internet

|

JeanneBrockmyer

We live in a world of computers these days, don't we? Many young children, even younger than 6, have been exposed to computers and use them regularly.  That can be a good thing if a parent is careful to monitor how the computer is used and how much time is spent on the computer (most pediatricians recommend no more than 2 hours of screen time per day and that includes TV too!). So the answer is that 6 is not too soon if use is carefully monitored by a parent.

Jeanne H. Brockmyer, Ph.D.
education.com expert clinical child psychologist

0
0

gran24boys
gran24boys , Parent writes:
I think it is too soon for their own computer, but I do think they should have monitored use of home computer for homework and practice studies.  I have found that the lessons on education.com and computer usage for my grandson has really helped him solidify his learning at school.  I occasionally allow him to play a game also to help with manual dexterity and mouse usage for computer use as they will be required to use computers in future grades.

0
0
sophiavannessa
sophiavanne... , Student writes:
NO HE IS NOT!!!!
MY BROTHER IS SIX YEARS OLD AND IN FIRST GRADE AND HAS A COMPUTER!

0
0