helen1234567
helen1234567 asks:
Q:

6 year old spelling

my 6 year old son pronounces some words incorrectly such as think, pronounced as fink. he has a over protruding top palate and some sounds are more effort for him to make. he has been assessed by speech therapy and they are not going to intervene further. his writing is now eveloping independently and he writes as he speaks.his grandma is a retired head teacher and she has pointed out that he will needs somehow to have this looke at otherwise he will continue to spell always phonetically and therefore not use correct sound/spell useage. i am concerned, however do not feel confident asking teachers at school, as i do not feel i get a supportive and thorough answer.any ideas?
In Topics: Helping my child with writing, Helping my child with school work and home work

|