Lili2006
Lili2006 asks:
Q:

My 6 years and 9 month old son has trouble falling asleep for 2 years. Inspite of useing different methods to make him relaxed, no improvment.

My 6 years and 9 month old son has trouble falling asleep. He has been strugling with this problem for more than 2 years. He usually on his bed at 8. He has rutine taking bath, tooth brushing and reading story. After all, he can not fall a sleep easily even he is tierd.
He believes in monsters. I explained it to him there is no monsters and our house is safe no body can come and get you and even tried to say him goodnight and checking him every 5 minuts, but useful.  He askes me to lay dow with him , do not shut down my eyes and do not leave him alone. Sometime it takes more than 1 hour. It is really frostrating for me as a mom.Please help my son how he can have a relexed time falling asleep?  
In Topics: Sleep and rest

|

First, I suggest reading Dr. Ferber's book on Helping your Child Sleep Through the Night.  Second, stop lying down with him. sit in the room and read to yourself and each day move the chair further out to the hall. No TV or electronics before or in bed. Keep the routine and give him a pass which he can use once for water or the bathroom but once used, it cannot be used again.  set up a reward system for gradual successful nights, and also alternate with your partner doing bedtime duty.  Concerning monsters: sometimes a "prop" helps such as a stuffed animal for security. Finally, talk with your pediatrician regarding the sleep issue for suggestions.  His bed is his bed-not to share.  Make it comfortable and the room decorated in quite colors and not cluttered. Cooler rooms help.  

Best wishes; it is a tough problem.

1
0