PeterG1
PeterG1 asks:
Q:

My 6 yr boy has difficulty leaving us at the School gate

My boy, has just turned 6 years old. Within the last few weeks he has started to get upset when we leave him at the school gate in the morning. He keeps coming back wanting more hugs and kisses and says I don't want to go to school because I will miss you!. He performs well at school. He has one good friend but they do have a tencency to get into trouble lately when playing together and from talking to teh teacher this other boy generally has a tendenacy to get into trouble. His teached has suggested that he no longer plays exclusively with his friens but rather make new friends and play with others in his class. He is a sensitive little guy but this is breaking his mothers heart when he starts crying at the school gate. We don't think he is been bullied. He has a regular routine at home. This is his first year at primary school and up until this point we had no problems what so ever. What are we doing wrong? please help

|

Usually younger children have difficulty separating from one or both parents. If your child senses your tension about separating, the child mirrors that behavior. Is the separation only in the morning when going to school or are here other times the child has difficulty with transitions.

Review with your child what will happen when he or she is dropped off. Reassure them about when and what time you will return. If the problem becomes more severe or continues, see the school counselor for help.

0
0