kumail
kumail , Parent asks:
Q:

I have a 6 yrs child. He is good in study & a keen observer. He asks many questions & I try to satisfy him in his class. What should I do for his future?

if he want to become a pilot what should i do?2 how can i improve his talent?i need a expert help

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/peer...
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!)

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

Congratulations on wanting to help your son stay motivated to learn!  I would suggest that you concentrate on the basics of learning vs. specifics.  For example, can he do the following:

1- Play well with others, including being able to share,  take turns and follow general rules of play without bullying or being bullied?

2- Learn how to problem solve age appropriately.  (Six year olds still need adult guidance with problem solving for many issues)

3- Take initiative- is he curious about a variety of interests and does he ask a lot of questions to seek answers?  

Also, you can assist your son by having him become involved with age appropriate after- school activities, visits to the library and going to museums or historical landmarks. Natural exploration can be a wonderful learning tool as long as supervised or within a safe environment.  (A child of six should not "wander" unaccompanied by an adult in these venues)

Six years olds tend to be motivated and wonderful to watch learn, so enjoy this time and let him learn about the general world around him..

Best wishes- Louise Sattler, Nationally Certified School Psychologist

1
0