kumail
kumail , Parent asks:
Q:

I have a 6 yrs child. He is good in study & a keen observer. He asks many questions & I try to satisfy him in his class. What should I do for his future?

if he want to become a pilot what should i do?2 how can i improve his talent?i need a expert help

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/peer...
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!)

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

Congratulations on wanting to help your son stay motivated to learn!  I would suggest that you concentrate on the basics of learning vs. specifics.  For example, can he do the following:

1- Play well with others, including being able to share,  take turns and follow general rules of play without bullying or being bullied?

2- Learn how to problem solve age appropriately.  (Six year olds still need adult guidance with problem solving for many issues)

3- Take initiative- is he curious about a variety of interests and does he ask a lot of questions to seek answers?  

Also, you can assist your son by having him become involved with age appropriate after- school activities, visits to the library and going to museums or historical landmarks. Natural exploration can be a wonderful learning tool as long as supervised or within a safe environment.  (A child of six should not "wander" unaccompanied by an adult in these venues)

Six years olds tend to be motivated and wonderful to watch learn, so enjoy this time and let him learn about the general world around him..

Best wishes- Louise Sattler, Nationally Certified School Psychologist

1
0

rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
It sounds like you have an intelligent and curious young child with a very bright future! What you can do is a parent is encourage your child's potential, support his schooling, and give him lots of opportunities to learn and succeed (I recommend reading to him nightly). I don't think you should be thinking about specific careers for him just yet ... it's best to wait and see what sorts of subjects and careers interest him in, oh, 10 years. He's only 6! But it's wonderful that you are thinking ahead.

2
0
Sheborg
Sheborg writes:
As a parent, and former homeschool mom - I would suggest that you utilize your public library.  You can satisfy his curiosity with books, pictures and information.  You can visit air museums, check out videos etc.  Chances are his interests will change over the years so I wouldn't invest a lot of money for now, but you can visit air shows and engage in his interest with him.

Sometimes boys this age can sort of "obsess" over whatever their thing is.  For my son it happened to be Star Wars.  For three + years, he was so engaged in his interest, he learned every possible thing he could.  He read everything, we even checked out a Star Wars cookbook... he has moved on to other things now, but those are great memories for me and he still remembers everything he learned.

1
0