Achchu
Achchu asks:
Q:

Help, my 6yr old daughter is a sleepwalker!!

There is not a single day where she does not sleepwalk. She mostly wakes up on regular time that is 3:00a.m and sometimes sits and talks or tries to open door. I am highly worried as my room is upstairs and she might fall. Please guide me what to do. How to avoid? Thanks .
In Topics: Sleep and rest

|
lms1949
lms1949 , Teacher writes:
A lot can happen to a sleepwalker in 50 days. I certainly hope that you have taken this issue up with your child's pediatrician. Sleepwalking is not something that you should wait to see if your child grows out of it.

Appropriate medical diagnosis and treatment of parasomnias will make for a much safer night for your child and let you find the relief that will allow you to have a peaceful night also.

A good 'beginners' book on Sleep Disorders is Sleep Disorders for Dummies by Max Hirshkowitz, PhD, DABSM and Patricia B. Smith. It will provide you with the background information and vocabulary that will help your pediatrician determine the best course to identify the issues your child faces and what treatment options to pursue.

0
0
Jiff
Jiff , Student writes:
When she is asleep, before you go to bed just make sure her door is locked. Plus, you might want to encourage good cleaning habits around the house so she doesn't fall and hurt herself.

0
0