gizmo1 asks:

My 6yr old is having problems articulating his S and Sh sounds.  Should he be tested by a speech therapist or are there exercises we can do at home?

We homeschool.  His birthday is 9-12 so in public school he would be in kindergarten. He currently is doing 1st and 2nd grade work, but his speech sounds lispy and kind of "slushy".  Will public schools test and work with children who are home schooled? Are there tests on line that I can administer to see if his speech is "normal" for his age or needs to be addressed?
In Topics: Speech and language issues
> 60 days ago

Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely