Anonymous
Q:

HOW DO I GET MY 6YR OLD NOT TO SLEEP ON MY BED

I HAVE A 6YR-OLD BOY THAT'S A BIG TIME MAMAS BOY HE SLEEP ON MY BED I TAKE TO HIS ROOM AND 2HR LATTER HIS BACK IN MY ROOM SO I GIVE UP AND LET HIM STAY THERE BUT HE MOVIES SO MUCH I END UP IN HIS ROOM WONT MY ROOM BACK
In Topics: Sleep and rest

|

Dear MaLJ Johnson:

hold your ground.  Read Dr. Ferber's book on Sleep.  Start by telling him he cant do this anymore. He is six so don't reason--just do it.  Give him a card or a "pass" which he can use once.  Set a timer and when the timer is up he can use the "pass" to have you come into his room.  If he does not understand, then take away a favorite toy and say "I am putting this away now and when you learn to stay in your room, you may have it back."  It may be unrealistic to assume he will stay out all night, but get started.  Lock your door. If he falls asleep out side it in the hall, so what? Just be careful opening the door in the am.

Don't ever give up or in. Stay the course. Some parents have resorted to sleeping bags on the floor and gradually moving them closer to the door and out.  Do what works in your home.

3
0