mamoll
mamoll asks:
Q:

I have a 7 year old daughter who has ADD and does not want to learn how to read, what advice do you have to help help her be more interested?

She was in the Public School system and it was a disaster, so we now home school. She spent most of the year in public school struggling, and failed, before the school brought  her progress to my attention. I fear that because of this her self confidence and love for learning have been severely damaged.

I bought a phonics curriculum, Sing Spell Read Write, because she loves to sing and is very musical as well as artistic. But she is fighting this new curriculum.

Thank you.
In Topics: Helping my child with reading, School and Academics, Learning issues and special needs

|

I know that many parents have had similar experiences and concerns.  Perhaps the organization CHADD.org may be of assistance to you.

In addition, new findings have touted the positive effects of e-readers on children who are having academic difficulties. http://www.ltschools.org/files/www/file/special-ed/Inexpensive%20Assistive%20Technology%20for%20Struggling%20Readers.pdf

1
0