DVerm
DVerm asks:
Q:

Why does my 7 year old daughter tell on herself?

My daughter is 7 years old and just entered the 2nd grade. We are only a month into school and she is getting in trouble at school for talking in class and not following the rules. She comes home from school every day and the first thing she tells us, is that she got in trouble by the teacher for talking in class,  how she was bossy or how she might have been mean to her friends. I've never heard of a child tattling on themselves before. Is this normal? It's been causing some stress at home, talking about how bad she's  been. Just not sure what to do.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Sounds like your daughter might be aware that these behaviors at school are not acceptable.  Possibly, she cannot control them.  How is she at home?  Is she hyperactive, gets distracted easily, loses things, can't follow instructions?  Is there family history of hyperactivity and/or inattention?  Perhaps you should discuss her behaviors with her doctor or nurse practitioner at the next visit.

Bets regards.
0
0