vervicy
vervicy asks:
Q:

How do I get my seven(7) year old to developed a love for reading

My 7 year old has just completed her mid term exams and have fallen from a an average of 93 to 89.9.  This is as a result of;
Reading comprehension 78
Communication task       76
Mathematics                  78

I strongly believe these are related, her lack of love for reading is so bad.  I have tried all that I can to help her but she is not getting it at all.  This is the 1st she has received such low grades from kinder until now.  I am really worried and at my end basically.  Can I get some advise please.
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school

|

First, please understand that the numbers you have suggested as being low, may be percentiles and not solid scores. So, please ask your teaches to explain them to you.

In addition...

There are many tips for early literacy here on Education.com. You also can check these out:

www.EarlyChildhoodNews.net
 http://emergent-literacy.com/

and Pinterest has many ways to help a child

1
0

Youngmind
Youngmind writes:
What are the interests of your daughter? You can try to get books that corresponds to her interests. Be a role model to her.

1
0
mrshweeks
mrshweeks writes:
Get books from the library, and read, read, and read some more to her. Get the picture books full of lovely colors to look at. Make it fun, use silly voices for the different characters. Read stories before bed. Find life situations that you can compare or contrast information you have read about. Keep reading enjoyable and not a chore. Also, pick out a special story that you might be able to read to her that is above her reading level. One of your childhood favorites, or a classic you never got to read. I have two little girls of my own who love reading. This is what we do. Best Wishes!

0
0