shailajatyagi
shailajatyagi asks:
Q:

7.5 month old doesn't show any stranger anxiety.

My son who is 7.5 months old is very comfortable around everyone.He is still to show any signs of stranger anxiety.He will go to anyone and doesn't miss me much when left with his grandma, dad,grandpa,uncle or any other family member; known or new to him.Or even anyone outside the family.On the other hand follows me around the house whole day long and doesn't let me get out of his sight.Should I be worried that he has not felt any stranger anxiety till date?
In Topics: Cognitive development, Talking about strangers, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

missgigimeowcat
missgigimeo... , Teacher, Parent writes:
I also thought that my son had never met a stranger at that age!  He interacted with anyone in his path. He also was like my little shadow at home. I think that is natural. Because all babies follow their own developmental path, it could be that your son doesn't have stranger anxiety yet. Your son may simply follow your body language and verbal cues. If you trust the person, he does to. I wouldn't be too worried at this stage in your son's development. For more information, the article referenced below is great, as it explains how stranger anxiety develops and how parents can deal with their child's struggle.

0
0
Anonymous