fehdes
fehdes asks:
Q:

how can i get my 7year old to eat his vegetables,without tears at the table?he is the only child in my family [4siblings] who does not eat veggies.

In Topics: My picky eater

|

If it comes to food, parents' responsibility is to prepare healthy and nutritious meals for their children. On the other hand, children have responsibility to eat it!  

Children have an automatic ability to regulate how much food they need for growth.  Forcing children to finish their meals may disturb that mechanism and promote overeating and obesity.  If your son is not hungry for lunch,  he will have a bigger appetite for dinner.  In between meals, structure nutritious snacks to provide him with the necessary nutrients.  Always offer fruits and vegetables with every meal and snack and expect that they are eaten.  Offer fluids only after meals so that he doe snot fill up on them and prepare the vegetables in various ways.  Don't give up if your son turns his nose on one kind of a vegetable. Some children are extremely picky and may need to be exposed to the same food many times even before they attempt to try it.  

Suggested reading:
 "The Power of healthy snacks":
http://www.pluggedinparents.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=0

0
0

kkeele
kkeele writes:
My kids will eat any vegetable except Brussels Sprouts because they think i boiled the lettuce and made them shrink! I gave them veggies since they could start eating and that helped. I have let them help me cook and they enjoy the food more then if I just make it. Not sure if this will work but try to get the child(ren) help with lunch and let them choose a veggie and you can choose one too! Mine usually choose cherry tomatoes or baby carrots that i let them microwave in butter and brown sugar or eat em raw and dip in ranch dressing. Cucumbers are fun and if they will eat a pickle then show them how to make them and let them try it before its pickled.
Sometimes you have to find a way to hide it in their food.
My kids are 2 and 4 now. They will get into the fridge without me and go for cheese, cucumbers, bell peppers, and YES RAW broccoli without me. As irritating as it is for them to just dig in without me, I still have to count my blessings there!

0
0