awalls4b asks:

My 7yr old son is struggling with reading.Has difficulty sounding out words, retaining words he just sounded out and questions his every move.

We've done flashcards, extra workbooks, reading every night and nothing seems to be helping him. We are just at a loss of what direction to go next. I have filled out paperwork for him to have a "child study" done at school to see if he needs an IEP. He just has such a hard time I think he is just getting frustrated and then shuts down.
In Topics: Helping my child with reading, Helping my child with school work and home work, Special education

In addition to the other recommendations from swbrandt, kat_eden, and readingservicemom, you may also wish to consult with a reading specialist.  Also, have you had your son's vision tested recently?