Twinner
Twinner asks:
Q:

8 year old is rebelling against nanny. She is refusing to go to soccer practice,what should I do?

In Topics: Sports and athletics, Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

A bit more information may be helpful.  But my initial thoughts are that not all children enjoy the same activities.  So, it may be that your daughter would rather partake in another activity versus soccer.  Also, it could be that she is tired, hungry or has too much on her "after school agenda"..

You may wish to re-evaluate if your child just wants to enjoy some "down time".  

Yet again, without details, it is hard to say. I will look forward to others' responses.

Best wishes-

0
0

gnowit
gnowit writes:
Did you tell your 8 yr old that he's going to soccer practice and to behave around his nanny? A challenge with a behavior is because he is angry with the decision that you are making like going to soccer practice.  He might want to choose another sport. What about talking about another sports or activity? He is only 8 yrs old, give a chance to grow up. You'll be happy.

0
0
Anonymous