Anonymous
Q:

My 8 year old son is very much attached to her toy (robot) all the time.  How do I teach him to let go of it? Brings it anywhere he goes.

When we get home from school, its the first thing he does. He goes to his room and gets the toy and plays with it.  When I call him to eat, he puts the toy in the dining table then we eat.  Afterwhich he carries it around when in house. During homework time, he puts it in front of his desk.  Then at bedtime, he holds it until he gets off to sleep.

In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|

Your son's toy is his security object.  It is always available, unchanged...  Have there been any stresses or changes at home?  Perhaps your son clings to his toy because it is the same and gives him a sense of safety and security.

If your son seems to be sad, withdrawn, cries easily, has sudden mood changes, or his toy attachment does not resolve in a short time, you might want to consult with a pediatric counselor.

0
0