NANA1977
NANA1977 asks:
Q:

I HAVE AN 8 YEAR OLD SON WHO HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH BIPOLAR,ADD,ADHD,OCD AND SEVERAL OTHER THINGS. PLEASE HELP.

MY SON IS 8 YRS.OLD AND IN 2ND GR.HES GOT ALOT OF ISSUES HE HAS REALLY BAD MOOD CHANGES IS ALWAYS IN TROUBLE @ SCHOOL.HE HAS PROBLEMS FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS,ALWAYS SAYS HE HAS NO FRIENDS.I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING HIM SET WITH A CHILD PSYCHOLIGIST BUT I DONT KNOW.HE ALSO HAS ACCIDENTS IN HIS PANTS AND SAYS HE DIDNT KNOW HE HAD TO GO TO THE POTTY,I DONT KNOW IF THERE IS A PROBLEM OR HE IS JUST DOING IT ON PURPOSE.SOME ONE PLEASE HELP GIVE ME SOME ADVISE ON WHAT I NEED TO DO.
In Topics: ADHD & attention issues

|

Start by making an appointment with a pediatrician. He needs an extended examination to separate out the issues one by one.  If you don't have a pediatrician go to www.aap.org and look one up in your area or call your local hospital.

You son will need an evaluation in coordination with the school and possibly a child psychiatrist (they are medical doctors who specialize in child issues).

If none of this works for you, go to your school and ask for help to connect with the local mental health community agency.

Good luck in working with your son for a successful outcome.

1
0