JoTasker asks:

My 8 yr. old granddaughter had a class mate pull her pants down in full view of her class mates today.  What action can be taken.

My granddaughter wants to change schools.  
In Topics: Bullying and teasing
> 60 days ago



Boys Town National Hotline
May 31, 2013
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

The following are steps that are recommended when you have concerns about any bullying related situation that occurs within the school:

1.  Parents should contact the school and share their concerns.

2.  Parents can file a formal written complaint to the school regarding their concerns—this should prompt a formal investigation.

3.  Parents can request that the school provide safety plan/support for their child --who is a "safe person" for them to talk to if they are concerned that something else will happen.

4.  Parents should ask for a finding on the complaint so everyone is aware of efforts taken to address issue.  

5.  Every district has a superintendent and board of education that make decisions regarding issues that are not resolved; as a result parents should contact them with all unresolved issues.

6.  If you have worked with the schools and feel that there is still no resolution, you can contact your state's Dept of Education.
Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (2)

Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely