mdayt
mdayt , Parent asks:
Q:

My 8 year old son is coughing and stretching his neck and is now sick to his stomach and squeezing his eyes shut tight.

I am worried about my 8 year old son. He has not had any problems until very recently. His symptoms seemed to start around the same time that he was coming down with a cold/respiratory infection. He had a runny nose and a consistent dry cough. He then began to do what looked like stretching his neck and said it just felt weird so he needed to do that. A few days later he started closing his eyes tightly and rolling them a little when he opened them back up. It has been a month now and he is still doing these things. He has gone to the doctor and had a strep test come back negative. He was semi-diagnosed with a sinus or respiratory infection and the doctor spoke to us about tics etc. Has anyone had a similar situation? I am so sad for him and worried. The last 3 days he has been sick to his stomach and unable to focus. He says he just feels weird, yucky and cannot pay attention like everything is going really fast or something. If anyone can please offer us some advice I would be grateful.
Thank you!
In Topics: Physical Health, Parenting / Our Family

|

Dear Mydayt:

Call your doctor back and report these new findings.  Tic-type behavior usually "extinguishes" itself when left alone; however, while tics may start in a sick child, they persist into the recovery phase.  Your son sounds like there may be more to it and I would suggest re-evaluation by his doctor.

0
0