singlemommaof2
singlemomma... asks:
Q:

My 8year old son and my 2year old daughter don't get along last night my son intentionally peed on her while she was sleeping what do I do?

In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks), Parenting siblings

|

It is not unusual for sibling rivalry to happen even when there are gaps in ages. Much of the time it is considered a normal developmental stage. However, it is not common for the type of behavior that you are describing.  Therefore, I would suggest that you may wish to discuss these behaviors with a professional in your area, such as a mental health  or a school counselor. Also, it would be important to journal if this is an isolated event due to low impulse control (part of what we call executive functioning) or part of a host of changes in your son's behaviors.

In addition to information found on this website please feel free to check out the following:

From KidsHealth.org
http://kidshealth.org/parent/positive/family/sibling_rivalry.html

SIBLING RIVALRY a book by Adele Faber (easily found)

The BIG Book of Parenting Solutions by Michele Borba  www,MicheleBorba.com

KIDLUTIONS -offers downloads of materials for FREE regarding Anger Management

I hope these resources are helpful to you.

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

2
0

Anonymous