singlemommaof2
singlemomma... asks:
Q:

My 8year old son and my 2year old daughter don't get along last night my son intentionally peed on her while she was sleeping what do I do?

In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks), Parenting siblings

|

It is not unusual for sibling rivalry to happen even when there are gaps in ages. Much of the time it is considered a normal developmental stage. However, it is not common for the type of behavior that you are describing.  Therefore, I would suggest that you may wish to discuss these behaviors with a professional in your area, such as a mental health  or a school counselor. Also, it would be important to journal if this is an isolated event due to low impulse control (part of what we call executive functioning) or part of a host of changes in your son's behaviors.

In addition to information found on this website please feel free to check out the following:

From KidsHealth.org
http://kidshealth.org/parent/positive/family/sibling_rivalry.html

SIBLING RIVALRY a book by Adele Faber (easily found)

The BIG Book of Parenting Solutions by Michele Borba  www,MicheleBorba.com

KIDLUTIONS -offers downloads of materials for FREE regarding Anger Management

I hope these resources are helpful to you.

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

2
0

Ellithea
Ellithea writes:
Well SingleMomof2, I would say that u get him into anger angermanagement class if he does anything really drastict, but if thats the first time he has done something like that talk to him about teaching people with respect. I would say talk to your 2year old but she seems to be the victim just talk to her what has he done when u
were not around and if that doesnt work with your son then i would say maybe a week or 2 to 3 days of no elctronics.

1
0
perwien
perwien writes:
tell them how to get along

0
0
NannaHelen
NannaHelen writes:
I would advise spending more time with your son so that he does not feel so threatened by his sister and helping them get along better. Praise him for treating his sister with kindness.

There could be real danger for your little girl if your son continues to feel jealous of her . A recent study showed that serious sibling abuse of girls is four times more common than father/stepfather abuse.

0
0
Anonymous