Shonsheka
Shonsheka asks:
Q:

How Can I help My 8yr old  to understand that Getting Good Grades Now will only make his Future BETTER?

My Son is 8yrs old, 3rd grade and he is the only child, and he gets into trouble most of the time at school. He is a very bright young man but he does not apply himself at all when it comes to Math, or Reading. He reads very well but it's more of a comperhension thing with him. He crys when he does not understand how to do a math problem to the point where his frustration level is super high!  His teacher says that if he applys himself and takes his time with certain task then he will be alright! HOW CAN I MAKE MY SON UNDERSTAND, AND PERFORM BETTER? I need all the advice I can get..
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Please consider having a mentor become part of your sons life. Perhaps someone who will inspire him by showing him the practical applications of what he is learning in school. This mentor may be an adult relative, friend of the family or a coach. Also, he may be upset because school work is a challenge, so please be sure to check with school officials to see if he is experiencing academic difficulties.

Thanks again for writing.

1
0