RexREX
RexREX asks:
Q:

Where can I get an 8ys old gifted child tested PROPERLY in Changsha, Hunan? PLEASE HELP ME URGENTLY!  TheRexFactor@gmx.cn

I teach Oral English to Older Students (19+) but was recently asked to discipline an 8yrs old boy who was disruptive and continuously naughty in his class. At first I thought he was just a spoilt naughty child, so I sat in the class and watched him. After 15 minutes I had seen enough and decided to remove him from the class and attempt one to one education with him. He soon settled and began to learn rapidly - 27 words in an hour - not just learn, but remember. Back with the class, he became hyperactive immediately. I feel this boy is gifted and needs specialist education that I am not qualified to give. His parents think he is naughty, but do not realise how intelligent he is. They think that he just has a good memory. I am so sad that no-one has diagnosed this boy earlier.
In Topics: My gifted child

|