morris771
morris771 asks:
Q:

My 9 year old son....

Is entering 3rd grade this year. He is in Special ED classes for a portion of his day and throughout the week he visits occupational therapist and other specialist to help him with comprehension, writting, and other needs he has. My question is. As his father I want to know what website's are out there that someone might know about that will let me print off cheap/free writting and reading assignments for my son? I want to help him get started this month before the actual school year begins so he doesn't fill behind right off the bat. Thank you for your help and taking the time to read this. God Bless!
In Topics: School and Academics, Camp and summer enrichment, Special education

|

I just came across and reviewed a great new company- KABONGO.  Their elementary level online game- GoGoKabango is "stealth" as it is chocked of literacy and language arts activities.  Parent and teacher forums are available for your perusal.  Printable activites also are there for download.  There is a free trial and a very reasonable subscription fee.  

You also may wish to check out abcteach.com which is designed for teachers, but has several free items.

Also, many libraries have printable materials in teacher materials.

And try role reversal where the child "becomes the teacher"!  Then he can construct assigments for you to complete (or a friend) which gives him an opportunity for a different learning strategy.

Have a fun summer!
Regards,

Louise Sattler

1
0
Anonymous