Anonymous
Q:

How can I help my daughter to be more focused?

My 9 yrs old is not focus, she gets the concept then tomorrow she forget. Also she is not consistent, how can i help my daughter to be more focus. She is also easily distracted and only in to lastest fashion
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, Motivation and achievement at school

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

Perhaps the use of fun and colorful techniques will assist with retention of material. This would included colorful notebooks which look different and pens of various colors. Using audio and visual methods for memorization, such as a recording device or video camera.

Also, having an organized area in the home can be helpful.  Please feel free to peruse this website for more strategies:

http://www.lynnekenney.com/dr-lynne-weighs-in/

Good luck!!

3
0

lynellen
lynellen writes:
Your pediatrician may be able to help you determine what is going on with your daughter.  Many children with Attention Deficit have the same symptoms you mentioned.  Even though ADD/ADHD appears to be more prevalent in boys, it is also present with girls. Please check with your doctor to see what he/she thinks.

0
0
KKristineH
KKristineH writes:
Having worked with many children and Guardian to my grandson, diagnosed with ADD in 3rd grade. He and his sister have lived with us for over 10 years.
1.)  The essential assignment workbook (signed off by the teacher weekly & I check it nightly with the homework);
2.)  I have found that not allowing TV or Computer time until homework is DONE!
3.) I also work in their classrooms 2-4 days a week.

Yes, it shortens MY time, but I have been doing this since my 1st child (with undiagnosed learning disabilities) started school. I brought my youngest child with me (he got to sit in an appropriate learning center).

Still, I need to stay on top of academics, BUT he is gifted in music and art. He always exceeds his OAKS test, but the daily work is hard (as he actually needs to be taught till he knows something and then proceed). God bless and do not forget to "BREATHE, BREATHE, BREATHE" she will learn her emotional ques from you. kkristineh

0
0
danmax
danmax writes:
advice her with time she will get to understand because education is more important on earth than any other thing.

0
0