Amey_28
Amey_28 asks:
Q:

Am i doing the right thing?

i have a huge crush on this girl,but i never told her about that.i have lost interest in me due to childhood trauma because of that i don't feel real human feelings so i decided if i date a girl ,my life will get back to normal.first,i want to make her my best friend then slowly i will transform this relationship into love.but i fear that my parents and her parents will not allow me to do so.my father has warned me not to do love relationship.i have told my sister that i love this girl but she replied that is not possible.my sister told me that i should forget her.but for me she is the perfect girl for me because i and my crush has so many things in common and i think i will not get a better girl than her.she is so friendly,warm hearted that melts my heart.please,suggest some advice on this matter.
In Topics: Teen issues, Teen sexuality and dating

|

Dear Amey,

Thanks for writing into Education.com! There are many questions which we have before we can give you full advice on this subject. First of all, much depends on your age and the age of the girl you want to date. Secondly, if your parents don't want you to date, then it may be a situation where you either need to try to talk with your parents, or understand that you may have to wait until you are older to date.

Your idea to become best friends first is a very good one. The best relationships are built on trust and respect, and love can possibly blossom under those circumstances. But, when it comes to love, much is unpredictable and we can't make someone love us.  It has to be mutual feeling to be lasting.

We have an excellent website for teenagers which we invite you to take a look at next time you have some free time. Through the website you can read articles and read what other teens your age are going through. You can also e-mail a counselor with any questions or concerns.
Our website address is: www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
yourlifeyourvoice@boystown.org
www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

3
0