strasaojc
strasaojc , Parent asks:
Q:

Not sure what to do:(

I have an 18 month old son and i am thinking he may have something wrong. When born his cord was wrapped around hos neck causing him to be purple. Starting about 4 months he started twirling his hands and feet. Up until now he spins all the time, doesnt talk much, runs in cirlces in bed, spins in circles and the list goes on. I have asked his pedi if something maybe wrong but she just blows it off. Should i find a different dr or am i just being to worried. I have 2 older daughters and they have never done anything like this.
In Topics: Special needs

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk.

I am a big believer in parent "intuition".  Therefore, I would suggest that you write a letter to your local school district describing your child's behaviors and requesting a form conference with their Early Intervention Team.

This team, which will include you, will help to determine your child's developmental levels and if he is indeed showing any behaviors indicative of a learning and/or developmental disorder.  They also may be proactive and reconnect with your physician, too.

Best wishes and know that early intervention often can make a huge difference!

Regards,

Louise Sattler, NCSP
Owner of Signing Families.
http://www.SigningFamilies.com

1
0