Lola43
Lola43 asks:
Q:

What should I do?

My boyfriend spent the night with me last night without any of my parents knowing . We woke up around 4, I told him he had to leave so my mom wouldn't find out but she caught me I ignored it, as if I were asleep. I haven't seen her since she's always working but what should I do? I'm so scared she's going to think I'm a slut or something like that.

|

Be honest with your parent and apologize wtihout making excuses.  Being honest and showing her that you know it "looks bad" for him to fall asleep at your house will go a long way in building trust and respect with a parent.
0
0

KeetaMomma13
KeetaMomma13 writes:
Lola43 being a mom and grandma myself, I would say that running away from it will only make matters worse.  Go to your mom and talk to her.  I am sure she is hurt but as moms we love our children.  Depending on your mom she may feel that trust has been broken and it may take some time to rebuild her trust.  From personal experience my daughters and I have worked through some challenges (even the one you described).  Again, begin by apologizing and if she will not talk to you, maybe you could write a letter or send a card with an apology.  Time heals all wounds and everything will be alright.

1
0