What action do i take after my daughter received 16 punches on her arm causing serious bruising on the name of birthday beat...??
My daughter went to school on her birthday and came home with serious bruising on her arm..blood clots this is what i describe but she says its birthday beat n she is in pain.school nurse recommended i take her to A& E which i did and doctor said it will take weeks to for the bruise to fade. After lots questioning daughter says she was held by one wen other punched 16 times...school sent the boys home until further notice....i really font know what action to take....im worried about further bully or emotional disturbance for my daughter....what should i do?
It is difficult as a parent to hear that your child is experiencing this type of behavior at school. Be sure to talk to your daughter about what is going on at school on a daily basis. Here are some general tips to helping her in the future:
1. Understand/assess the level of additional bullying--how often, who is involved, etc.
2. Teach problem solving/assertiveness--how could they respond in the future?
3. Communicate openly with the intent to listen and understand, but not to "fix."
4. Help create a network of friends/support systems
5. Promote confidence and self esteem
6. Spend one-on-one time each day to provide support
If she feels loved, supported and empowered at home it can go a long way in helping her be able to deal with issues in the future.
As far as talking with the school, you can request that the school provide safety plan/support for their child --who is a "safe person" for them to talk to or who might keep an eye out for potential problems in the future.