sglover asks:

Additional accommodations outside of the IEP?

Can a teacher make additional accommodations/modifications outside of the IEP if the new strategy is beneficial to the student? I know that an Amendment ARD would need to take place but can a teacher make these changes before the ARD? Also, is there a certain amount of time that must pass or must not pass before the Amended ARD? Until the Amended ARD, who is responsible for insuring that the student is receiving the new accommodations/modifications while waiting on an ARD? I am specifically speaking of Oral Administration of tests. Does the teacher continue to test the student in class with all others or should an administrator administer until the ARD?
In Topics: School and Academics, Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!), Special education
> 60 days ago


Answers (1)

LynnKudlacz , Teacher, Student, Parent writes:
Of course a teacher can try an additional accommodation/modification, but get the parents on board with what you are trying. Also, if it is something that you decide needs to be continues, you would need to add it to the IEP.
I would talk to the test administrator to see if he or she has extra time in their schedule to help try this accommodation until you see whether or not it works.
> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely