Q:

Need advice about how to achieve goal of attending physical therapy school, despite low GRE score and financial issues.

"I just recently graduated Long Island University with a BS in biology. I had a GPA of 3.2 and a GRE score of 710. I tried to apply to physical therapy schools, however, I was not accepted due to my GRE score and a couple UW on my transcript which brought down my science and math GPA. I tried to look into retaking the GRE and trying to improve my score but I find it real hard to study on my own therefore I would of looked forward into a course. MY major concern is financial issues because I come from a very low income family. I only have a mother and she lost her job and i just do not know what to do. I want to continue studying but I can not get accepted. I am a hardworking dedicated student. If there is any advisor/counselor to whom I can speak with, I would gladly appreciate to any help you can provide."

Asked by Michelle via email.
In Topics: College admissions tests, Financial planning for college, Physical Health

|

Michelle:

have you tried going to the admissions office of LIU and speaking to someone there about admission criteria?  Speak also to a freshman dean at the school of physical therapy. the office of financial assistance will also help and then go to a bank and talk to them about a student loan.

good job choice. You will help many people.

0
0

HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
A physical therapist degree is really an interesting field. Many students are now enrolling in the said course. There are many schools which are willing to help students who are deserving.

0
0
Anonymous