thelittlehe... asks:

Any advice for a aspiring teacher?

I'm in high school and volunteer for the local elementary school, with two little brothers (a kindergartner and preschooler). And I was wondering if anybody has any advice for someone who wants to be an elementary school teacher, and if there is anything online that could help me with some strategies and such?

Make a list of the qualities you want in your teachers. Write about your favorite teacher and send that person a letter telling them what he or she has done to be a better teacher.

I have had a wonderful and rewarding career as a teacher and a counselor. You don't enter the profession to have wealth but the riches come in working with children. Hopefully, you will receive letter from an appreciative student.