swtpea asks:

Does anyone have advice or experience with putting their child on Zoloft for anxiety? My 7 year old son is in counseling/play therapy already.

The therapist has recommended a medication evaluation as I have a long history of anxiety and is has a genetic link. She thinks it will benefit him to have both treatments.
In Topics: Children and stress, Medical problems

I would discuss this with your pediatrician at a sit down visit.  Zoloft is an important and useful medication, but first, you and his pediatrician need to determine with the help of a board certified child and adolescent psychiatrist if this is the correct step.  For many children medications such as Paxil, Zoloft etc. can be helpful but they are serious medications requiring careful following in growing children. I wish you well in your quest to help your son to his full childhood.