mumof2girls
mumof2girls asks:
Q:

Advice needed please

My daughter has been physically hurt 6 times since September. Four of these by the same boy, and the other 2 by 2 girls. It is a mainstream school and in my opinion, numbers mean more to the school than my child's welfare. I am not talking about little nips or anything either. She has been punched in the mouth resulting in a bust lip, stabbed in the arm with a pencil, headbutted, scratched from eye to mouth down one side of her face, kicked, and grabbed by the throat. All I get from the school is that the child was punished, but I don't know how or if, as it keeps happening. I can kind of forgive the 2 incidents with the girls because I know they have autism, although it's no excuse, but should the school keep taking children with behavioral problems, when there is no support for any of the children? I strongly believe every child deserves an education, so please don't think I am saying they shouldn't be in mainstream education, It's just that I am taking my 8 yr old daughter to school every day knowing that she is at risk, and that just isn't right.
Many thanks for reading.
In Topics: School safety (not bullying), Bullying and teasing

|
Baby-raccoon
Baby-raccoon writes:
I am so sorry that is happening. It is a really hard thing to deal with and I think you should bring it up to the main boss of the school and see what they say about it because that is not fair to your little girl. I think you should either find a better school or get a hold of the other kids' parents because if you do that the kids might stop doing that to her but then again they might just be really upset and just take anger out on her because they think they are bigger than her or something but I am still really sorry and best wishes for you and you baby girl.

2
0
avidal
avidal writes:
Ask yourself if the school is actually going to handle this? Have they tried to resolve the situation? If not, consider switching schools or homeschool. There are so many homeschooling options. Children no longer have to be subjected to bullying for years. No 8yr old should have to endure this treatment even once. Even if it is at the hand of autistic children.

3
0
bizzzrate
bizzzrate writes:
Your child is being assaulted, not bullied. Go to the police. Schools do not seem to take bullying seriously. She does not deserve this.

2
0
Jiff
Jiff , Student writes:
I feel very sorry for your daughter. I really am. You should bring it up to the police.

1
0
mumof2girls
mumof2girls writes:
Thank you everyone. I had a meeting with the head teacher and she has put new strategies in place to help protect my little girl. I have also told her that if she is assaulted again, I will be home schooling her. I would have done it before but I have another daughter in the same school. I have given it a month and things have improved and I've also told my daughter to fight back if she can't avoid a situation. I know this isn't right, 2 wrongs don't make a right, but sometimes needs must. So far she hasn't had to.
Many thanks again and I wish you all a happy new year.

0
0
dabunnywabbit
dabunnywabbit writes:
Since you have brought these incidents to the school's attention, and nothing has truly been done to stop them...the next thing is to file formal charges against the children and their parents. This needs to be done immediately, for your child's safety.

The only other thing...IF you don't feel that you should file charges against these children and their parents is that you should put your child in another school setting: charter public school, faith-based school, or home school your child with the new Federal home school program that is offered now over the internet and tv. I have checked out the latter, and believe me...it's free, interacts with the public school, and also has peer group field trips offered in your area. There are many good reasons to go this route...as it's the safest one for your child at this time.

When a public school setting allows these kinds of bullying and teasing occurrences to happen continually, then there is something that should be done with your school board. I would also file charges against your school principal and school board, as they are doing little to stop this from happening again.

Praying for you and your daughter. Getting physically hurt is very traumatic to anyone...no less a child in a supposedly safe school environment.

0
0