Q:

I would like some advice. I'm at the end of my rope with the excuses from the board and principal.

"My son came home one day and told me that his teacher had grabed him by his wrists and jerked him up and told him to quit. He was making a funny joke in his group. I spoke to a couple of his friends with the parents permission and all there stories were the same as my sons. I took our problem to the principal and he said maybe my son stretched the truth a little bit, but he's not the type of kid to make up a story like that. The teacher said it never happened like that, she said she smacked his hand and told him to quit. I talked to my son and told him he shouldn't be making jokes while in class, and the teacher should not have touched him in any way for any reason."

Asked by "AB'smom".    
In Topics: Working with school administrators, My Relationship with my child's school, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

You are very clearly articulating that you do not want the teacher to touch your son in the future. Write a letter to the principal without attacking the teacher personally. State what your concerns are and what you would like to see happen.

1
0

If the teacher "hit" your child, I would contact the police and file charges. This behavior is not appropriate in any way. I would do this.

2
0
mind
mind writes:
You right no teacher is suppose to touch a student. Next time that happen get the principal fired.

1
0
Anonymous