veer
veer asks:
Q:

Looking for advice: which computer course should I do?

I am a 12Th class computer science student.After 12Th I want to make my career in computer field.But I don't no that which computer course should I do.
In Topics: School and Academics, Getting ready for college, Technology and my child

|
eliad
eliad , Parent writes:
You should ask yourself what is most interesting to you in your computer science classes you currently taking? Where do you feel like your strength is? Be honest with yourself and the answer should be clearer.

You should probably also ask for advise from your computer science teacher. he knows you and might be able to help.

I would also look at tech and innovation sites to see what's hot and what's Analysts predict will get hotter. While these things are hard to predict there are some safer bets.

In my opinion you want to pick a field that there is growing demand.
Best of luck to you.

2
0
Hi veer,

Great choice and good question!

For the best advice suited to fit you, you should talk with a guidance counselor at your school or potential college.  They will better be able to identify what you exceed in and what skills you need to obtain and can help you decide what courses to take and what major to choose.

I, myself, had a general idea, but a little uncertainty too and wanted to be open to more than just one job title.  So, I majored in Administrative Office, upon completion and graduation, I re-enrolled and opened the doors for improvement and majored in Microcomputer Systems Technology.  With the courses that I had already taken and with the credit hours that I had already obtained, I was only a class or two away from also meeting the requirements to be certified in Word Processing, so I chose it as an alternate major and completed both Microcomputer Systems Technology and Word Processing together.  At night, I also managed to work in an extra course to get Customer Service Certified.  

Microcomputer Systems Technology, was not designed for any one specific job/career.  We covered it all, starting with introduction to computers (required) to web page design.  It included producing quality brochures, writing databases, spreadsheets, composing letters with different formats, writing mini software applications, hardware applications & installations and much more.  This one major covered many fields and from there you will have a better understanding of what you felt happier and most comfortable doing and will be able to choose an extended major to focus on that one choice.  For me, it worked out great.  I would still talk with the college though, I had a counselor that assisted me along the way to make the right choice for me and couldn't have been more satisfied with the decisions we made together.  

I hope this helps & Best Wishes!

0
0
HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
You could also try to take computer science degree online. Many students are now experiencing the advantages of online schools.

0
0
nehavachass2003
nehavachass... writes:
You should try BCA in graduation and after this try to do MCA. these both program is very good and degree course. With these courses you can get a professional degree with a good knowledge of computer application.

0
0
Anonymous