mommy2xkjj
mommy2xkjj asks:
Q:

Need advice please.

I was hoping I could get some advice or answers for something. I live in a town in Illinois. On Wednesday, I had to pick up my daughter from school because she was being bullied. When I went to get her (an hour after being told by the asst. principal she was fine), they could not find her. She spent close to two classes in the bathroom crying and no one knew where she was. She won't go back to school. On Friday another girl had to be picked up early from bullying. The principal and assistant act like there is no problem. They say that it has to be investigated but still nothing has been done. I am going to the school board meeting Monday but from what I understand this has been going on for a while. And the administration wants to act like there is no problem. I know of 3 girls and I am sure there are more. What can I do to draw attention to this problem at this school? How can I get answers and results? These kids need help before something really bad happens.

|
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
I am sorry to hear about your child being bullied.  It is so devastating to children.  Get the parents of the others who are being bullied to go with you to the meeting and together you stand a better chance.  Give the board a time frame to straighten the matter and if nothing happens lay a charge against the school and then speak to the state's ward in charge of education and petition so that everyone can speak up and something can be done to stop this bullying.  School should be a fun place for all those who want to learn.  Hope you find this helpful.

0
0
AntibullyingAdvocate
Antibullyin... writes:
Ask for a copy of anti-bullying policies at the school. Research anti-bullying laws in your area. Make a formal complaint in writing. See if there is an anti-bullying hotline in your area. Encourage your child to speak out. Bring your child to his or her pediatrician so she can tell someone how she is feeling at school so she can voice her concerns and deal with her emotions effectively. Keep records of all incidents.

0
0