SilverPuff
SilverPuff asks:
Q:

Need advise on constant lying from my 3rd grader. Always in student management because he's in trouble, also for violent behavior.

In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school, Bullying and teasing, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

A consultation with the School Psychologist would appear to be a logical first step. Also, consider that your child may have challenges that are yet to be diagnosed, so please consider requesting a meeting of all who help him during the day.

Louise Sattler, School Psychologist
0
0

lms1949
lms1949 , Teacher writes:
If your child is 'always in student management', there is something wrong with this picture. Somebody is missing something in this situation.

While some children in public school are forced to deal with serious life issues, these are the exceptions and not the rule. I've never met a child in 39 years of teaching that woke up in the morning with the idea that he/she was going to make the day a deliberate, unpleasant problem for the parent or teacher.

You might want to sit down with your child's teacher first to have an honest discussion of what the perceived problem is and what support school can provide. Be understanding of the teacher's concerns and try to communicate that you would like to be a partner in finding resolution.

The children I've seen who are the most successful in making behavioral changes are the ones lucky enough to have parents and teachers who have come together in a partnership for change.

Don't be afraid to ask your child's teacher who else you can bring into this partnership if it seems that more support than what the average classroom can provide is necessary. A teacher who is committed to helping your child grow in emotional maturity will welcome the suggestion and may even seem relieved that you initiated it.

1
0
DarthVader94
DarthVader94 writes:
I don't know what your son is doing or what you're doing to prevent this but flick him/her or a soft hit etc and say something along the lines of this: do you think it would be fair if everyone could go and hit you all the time? (if yes then: ok then I'll call the school and tell them any kid can hit, kick you as hard as they want. Would you like that? If no: then why do you do that to others?) Prove him wrong but do it nicely and be sarcastic. That is just what my teacher does with trouble makers.

0
2
Anonymous