ellieka
ellieka asks:
Q:

please advise how do we talk to a mom who has a mean daughter and she is unaware?

my 9 yr old daughters friend who is 9 is very mean to all the kids around her in a group setting. If she dosnt get what she wants or is first in line sshe turnes mean. We ignor her and it makes her even meaner. Her mother dosnt know how do we tell the mom her daughter is really mean?How can we help the girl from turning mean every time she dosnt get what she wants?

|
raina123
raina123 writes:
umm just call the mom and say mam or the moms name ans say my daughter has had a lot of issues with your daughter and iam very concerd and my daughter has been coming home and saying your daughter has been very mean because she dosnot get wat she wants and mii daughter has said when she dosent get first in line she gets verry mean and i wanted to know if u can talk to your daughter about it ( and at the end say something nice )like thank you for your time  HOPE I HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEM

1
0
niecole
niecole writes:
I would need a little bit more information to know what type of environment you are in to give you my best advice.  If there is an adult person in charge then I would direct your concern to the person who is in charge of all the kids.  If you call the parent yourself the mother may get defensive if not handled in the correct manner.  Though I would agree with the previous poster the mother does need to be made aware of the situation.

If this is playgroup then all the mothers should definitely not approach the mother letting her know her daughter is difficult.  She would feel too gaged up on.  That’s why if there is a lead teacher or parent in the setting they need to be the one to broach the topic with the mother.

This is a great life lesson for your child.  It teachers her how not to treat others and you need to give her the tools as well so your child knows how to stick up for herself and gain her own self confidence.  I know it can be heartbreaking when other kids are mean.  I have experienced it with my own daughter.

1
0