concernedfa... asks:

At what age is it appropriate for my son and I to have overnight visits? I am in a very successful co-parenting situation.

I have my son two days a week and have since he was about 6 weeks old. He is now 5 months old.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Child care, Fatherhood

If you mean overnight visits with you and you have been in a good co-parenting situation, go for it. Have him stay. At five months he doesn't know or care where he is except for feeding which is the trick. If your ex is breast feeding, it presents a different dynamic.  

Hi, Here are some resources on that you may find helpful to your situation...

1.) Early Years (Birth-5) info center -- includes a variety of articles to help you understand developmental milestones and address potential issues at this age:

2.) Attachment & Your Child info center -- "Infants have an instinctual need to identify adults in their life as safe, supportive figures. Being a socially responsive, available, and protective parent when your child is young can help to create a bond that lasts a lifetime.":

3.) Fatherhood info center -- "Time with dad makes a significant difference in the growth and development of all children.":

Good luck -- I hope all goes well with your overnight visit with your son.