dmillerteach
dmillerteach , Child Professional, School Administrator, Teacher asks:
Q:

What age are students allowed to leave high school for a GED in your state? Or, what do you think about the GED as an option?

I am from NY, which recently stopped allowing students to get a GED at 16, making the GED age 17. Is this consistent across the US? How do you as a parent, administrator, school professional, or child worker, feel about the changing GED restrictions?
In Topics: GED programs

|

CreativeRachna
CreativeRac... , Child Professional, Teacher writes:
I applaud you for asking such an important question.  The school-leaving or drop out age in North America is 16.  I'm including an article which describes each country's drop out ages.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_leaving_age

Sixteen is the age across the Us, and 14 is the legal age to work.  You discuss changing the GED requirements, but you don't state to what?  Would you like to raise the age requirement?

0
0