canpanita
canpanita asks:
Q:

at what age do women regulate their menstruation?

In Topics: Physical Health

|

Menstrual periods should become regular about 2 years after they start.  If they are not regular then or if they are very heavy, a consultation with a health care provider is necessary.

Bets regards.
1
0

laurenf
laurenf writes:
Hi canpanita,

If you're referring to when a woman's periods become regular, it varies but between 8 and 16 is normal. I hope that's what you were referring to.

0
0
jmamable
jmamable , Caregiver writes:
Hello Canpanita,

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you're wondering at what age it would be appropriate for a girl to start taking measures to regulate an irregular cycle. I know many women who have irregular periods and take birth control to keep them regular, and all of them started around age 16 and 17. That doesn't mean this is THE age it should be done...that is entirely up to you and your family.

Some women experience particularly excessive/intense symptoms with menstruation (heavy flow, very painful cramps, irregularity) If your daughter is thinking about birth control or other methods that can make menstruation easier, make an appointment for her with a gynecologist and he/she will discuss what can be done. There are tons of options when it comes to this, she's certain to find one that will work for her, or she may decide she doesn't need anything after all.

I hope that's close to what you were looking for! Good luck!

0
0